We are typically at the lake from mid-August to the end of the season at which time a full food package is available. We are passionate about food and want this to be as memorable as the fishing. The food package includes three daily meals as follows:
- Tea/fresh coffee
- Choice of fruit juice, fruit, cereals (porridge on request)
- Full English breakfast (bacon, sausage, egg, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, hash browns).
- Any combination of the above e.g. beans/egg on toast, scrambled egg on toast omelettes etc.
- Toast, croissants, pain au choclat.
- Choice of filled baguettes (cheese, ham, beef, tuna, tuna mayonnaise, egg mayonnaise etc.)
- Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, pepper)
Our evening meals are generally a main course and a dessert. Except where there are vegetarians in the party, we generally offer one daily dish. We also offer specific themed meals including.
- Barbecue Night: We want to get to know our customers and during the week we offer the option of a barbecue night where we prepare a lakeside barbecue and eat with you.
- Curry Night: We are particularly passionate about Indian food and will offer a range of curries (see below). These are all cooked using traditional recipes and fresh spices. Our special curry nights will involve a variety of Indian starters, main courses, side dishes, rice, breads etc. A number of vegetarian dishes will be included.
Other specific dishes which we intend to offer are:
- English: Chicken and Leek Pie, Cottage Pie, Fish Pie, Homemade Burger, Roast dinner (Beef, Lamb or Pork), Sausage and Mash, Steak Pie, Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings, traditional Stew and Dumplings.
- French: Cassoulet (traditional French casserole), Chicken Chasseur, Coq au Vin.
- Indian: Beef Madras, Chicken Korma, Chicken Tikka Massala, Chicken Makhani (Butter Chicken), Kashmiri Chicken Curry, Lamb Bhuna (or chicken, prawn if preferred), Lamb (or beef) Rogan Josh.
- Italian: Lasagne, Spaghetti Bolognese.
- Mexican: Chile Verde (Mexican green chilli stew), Chilli Con Carne, Chorizo Enchiladas (meat stuffed tortillas in chilli sauce), Picadillo. (Mexican Beef Stew)
- Vegetarian: Channa Massala (Chick Pea Curry), Homemade Veggie Burger, Macaroni Cheese, Sag Aloo (Spinach and Potato Curry), Ratatouille, Spicy Bean Casserole, Stuffed Peppers, Tomato and Potato Curry with Tamarind, Vegetable Biryani, Vegetable Chilli, Vegetable Lasagne, Vegetable Pasta Bake.
Main courses are served with a choice of chips, potatoes, rice, vegetables and/or salads.
- Ice Cream (selection of), Fresh Fruit Salad, Trifle, Seasonal Fruit Crumbles/Pies etc.
Finally, if there is any special occasion whilst you are on holiday (birthday, anniversary etc.) we will always try to provide something special.